Wednesday, July 9, 2008

New Feature: I Am Going to Hell


Not sure about the other public transit riders out there, but when I’m on the bus/streetcar, I never sit in the seats up front because I think they should be reserved for the disabled & the elderly (and pregnant ladies etc.). I can’t tell you how many times I’ve seen a clearly physically compromised person be forced to stand because the entitled douches at the front are pretending they don't see them. I once had to publicly address an entire Toronto streetcar because an elderly woman (and I mean OLD) had nowhere to sit.


Here's where me going to hell comes in: When the streetcar that I'm on makes a stop, I try to make sure I pay attention to who is getting on, in the case that I need to give up my seat. So I'm sitting there the other day and this woman gets on who is using those forearm crutches that people with permanent disabilities use. So I'm all ready to hop out of my seat, when who gets on right after her? Blind guy. It was like Disability Deathmatch - which of course would be hosted by Jeff Probst and my seat would be the Immunity (Disability?) Idol. Thank jebus that shit didn't have to go to TTC Tribal Council - the lady wanted to stand and the blind guy was offered a seat right away. Now I'm going to hell because I made up a game show about disabled people. Kick ass.

2 comments :

  1. PHILPMODE said...

    I really wish I could've seen that public address, and who hasn't made up game shows about the less fortunate, if you meet someone who says they haven't they're lying, therefore going to hell.

  2. Jessica said...

    You kill me!