Monday, March 10, 2008

Toss out your Freedom Fries




Kanyeasy jumped on the "French Robot Express" by sampling Daft Punk and using So Me, famous for his cover art and videos for Ed Banger, to work the same magic for him. Justice have become bonafide rock stars - there are seemingly more pictures of the Ed Banger crew on thecobrasnake than pictures of Steve Aoki sans shirt. Even those who dropped 3rd period French learned all the words to Yelle's "A Cause Des Garcon" and secretly practiced their "Tektonik" moves in their spacious, overpriced "lofts".

Which brings me to the "moitiƩ thugs, moitiƩ nerds " of Parisian hip hop outfit TTC. Their single "Dans Le Club" has a loop that every hip hop producer worth their salt should be envious of and it's been my "get me out of every bad mood I've ever had" song for the past year (even though I've defected to the "San Andreas remix"). Last week, Perez showed their latest track "Travailler" some serious internet-traffic amour and introduced them to an entire world of bored housewives and celebrity gossip addicts. I'm not one to get upset when my favourite artists explode into the mainstream stratosphere, so I'm stoked on seeing and hearing more from Cuizinier et Co.

Love it or hate it, this ain't your grandma's M.C. Solaar.

3 comments :

  1. james martin windsor said...

    i dont even know what language you are speaking. crazy tilleys.

  2. Tilley said...

    James - you're too smart for my blog, get the hell out of here.

  3. cowan10 said...

    you are the dennis miller of the music scene.