Thursday, March 6, 2008

Let the good times roll with City Councillor Rob Ford

Enjoy this poster of Road House starring Patrick Swayze. Because...why not?

Alright, I'm not sure what the qualifications are to become a Toronto city councillor, but I think I'm going to "speedy delivery" my resume down to City Hall. If you're not familiar with city councillor Rob Ford (Etobicoke North), please allow me to introduce you:

  • Has referred to fellow councillor Giorgio Mammoliti as a "Gino Boy"
  • 2002 - while protesting the idea of a homeless shelter in Etobicoke, said to a homeless protester: "I'm working. Why don't you get a job?"
  • 2006 - was ejected from a Leafs game for disorderly conduct. Claimed that it was a case of mistaken identity, the next day confirmed the allegations
  • Argued against the city spending money on AIDS prevention programs, and said ""if you are not doing needles and you are not gay, you wouldn't get AIDS probably, that's bottom line." and "How are women getting it? Maybe they are sleeping with bisexual men."
  • 2007 - Opposed city funding to build bycicle lanes on roads saying: "I can't support bike lanes. Roads are built for buses, cars, and trucks. My heart bleeds when someone gets killed, but it's their own fault at the end of the day."
And the fun never stops! Today Councillor Ford came up with this candy coated soundbite:

"You want to see workaholics, those Oriental people work like dogs, they work their hearts out, they are workers non-stop. They sleep beside the machine. I'm telling you that's what makes them such hard workers. Those Oriental people are slowly taking over."
To which Coun. Shelley Carroll responded by quoting Margaret Cho: "carpets are Oriental, people are Asian." She quoted Margaret fucking Cho. I've seen the footage, she even began her retort with "To quote the comedian Margaret Cho...". Someone promote this woman to "City Councillor of Cool". I'm not even mad anymore. God speed, Councillor Carroll.






1 comments :

  1. Bon's Mots said...

    Great start, Laura! Loved this one - let's both become counselors. I know some Margaret Cho.